Where to find us
Iris is located inside the floating art installation Salmon Eye in the Hardanger fjord in Western Norway. The only way to get here is to board one of our electric boats from the town of Rosendal.
The closest international airport is in Bergen, from where there is a ferry service to Rosendal several times a day. Rosendal also offers plenty of accommodation possibilities, for example Rosendal Fjordhotel and Rosendal Turisthotell.
Please see below for detailed information on how to get to Iris.
We are also able to help with facilitating private transportation at your request. Please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any enquiries.
I'm arriving from
From Bryggen, you can take the Hardangerfjord Express directly to the center of Rosendal. Tickets can be bought in advance here. The voyage takes about 2 hours.
The boat also stops at Flesland, making it a perfect fit everyone arriving in Bergen by plane.
You can fly from Sola Airport to Bergen Airport (BGO). From here, you can either continue by car or by boat.
- Due to the restaurant’s location and the ensuing complex logistics, we only serve a set menu. We are not able to accommodate all dietary restrictions. If the dietary requirements dictate comprehensive changes in the menu that will result in a compromise of standards we unfortunately might not be able to accommodate your request.
If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies please send us an e-mail at email@example.com before booking your experiencetconfirm that we can accommodate your restriction.
- Due to our location inside Salmon Eye, a free-floating installation, we're subject to extreme weather conditions. We reserve the right to postpone or cancel expeditions for safety up to the assigned departure time. In such cases, a full refund and rescheduling assistance will be provided. We will also issue a written confirmation of force majeure for weather-related cancellations. Restaurant Iris is not liable for additional costs, such as accommodation or transfer fees.
Thank you for your understanding.
- The expedition lasts for approximately 6 hours.
- Please wear/bring clothes according to the weather. It can be windy at sea, and we don’t have a dress code at Iris.
- You are required to wear a life jacket during the first part of the expedition. You are welcome to wear a long dress, but it might prove a challenge with the life jacket.
- Please be aware that, in extreme weather conditions, travel to the restaurant can be rendered impossible, please see our booking page for more information.
- Changes in party size are only possible at our discretion and if we can seat you at a table matching your party size. Note that we only accept reservations for parties of 1-6 guests. Requests for changes in party size must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and require a written confirmation to come into effect.
- The boat leaves the dock promptly at the time of your reservation, If you are running late, please let us know by calling +47 477 03 081
- We release new tickets on the following dates:
November 2023 is released 4th of September at 12:00 CET
December and January is closed
February, March, April 2024 is released December 1st 2023 at 12:00 CET
May, June, July, August 2024 is released March 1st 2024 at 12:00 CET
September, October, November 2024 is released July 5th at 12:00 CET